Does Zola work on Raspberry Pi

Hi,

I was trying to find any mention of Raspberry Pi in the forum but didn’t find any. I wanted to know if I can host Zola on my Raspberry Pi. Is there any potential downside to installing it via Snap?

I have no idea if it works. Installing from snap should work though.

I tried to compile Zola on my Pi4 (4gb) on DietPi, unsuccessfully, but I may suggest that you can install Docker on Pi and create image with Zola

memory allocation of 805306368 bytes failed
error: could not compile `lindera-ipadic`.

Caused by:
  process didn't exit successfully: `rustc --crate-name lindera_ipadic --edition=2018 /root/.cargo/registry/src/github.com-1285ae84e5963aae/lindera-ipadic-0.3.3/src/lib.rs --error-format=json --json=diagnostic-rendered-ansi,artifacts --crate-type lib --emit=dep-info,metadata,link -C opt-level=3 -Clinker-plugin-lto -C codegen-units=1 -C metadata=1e6b0d4008d45c8b -C extra-filename=-1e6b0d4008d45c8b --out-dir /root/zola/target/release/deps -L dependency=/root/zola/target/release/deps --extern bincode=/root/zola/target/release/deps/libbincode-49771c58b14874e9.rmeta --extern byteorder=/root/zola/target/release/deps/libbyteorder-26bcbded30490bd3.rmeta --extern lindera_core=/root/zola/target/release/deps/liblindera_core-93524d8334465a4d.rmeta --cap-lints allow` (signal: 6, SIGABRT: process abort signal)
warning: build failed, waiting for other jobs to finish...
error: build failed

Ah yes that’s a known issue. The next version should work since this particular lib will not be present anymore. You can try the next branch

1 Like

skillful! So, Zola has built and works successfully on Raspberry Pi :slight_smile:

изображение

2 Likes

That’s awesome! I am gonna give it a go.