Do not render Page

Hello,

I currently have a directory structure where I have a section “publications” with many pages. I am reading the publication data to list them on the home page, but I do not want separate per-publication pages to be rendered. Is there a way to do this cleanly? I would like to have something similar to the render attribute for Section. For example, I was able to prevent /publications section page from being rendered by setting render = false.

content
├── _index.md
├── publications
│   ├── _index.md
│   ├── pub1.md
│   ├── pub2.md
│   └── pub3.md

sorry if i got you wrong, but maybe redirect on publications folder settings will be a solution.

redirect_to = 

Hmm, unfortunately that won’t solve the issue of separate per-publication pages /publications/pub* from being generated.

I am not having an issue with /publications since the render=false solution works fine.

How are you reading it? Is it just metadata and not content?

Yes, I am only reading the metadata fields.

You could store the metadata in the section extra or use TOML/JSON file and use load_data instead. I don’t think there is a way to avoid rendering a page but still be able to load it from templates right now.

1 Like

Alright, thank you!

I’m bumping against this problem as well. I’d love to store content in pages in a section that can easily be rendered using load_page() in a more complex but that don’t generate stand-alone pages.

Can’t we allow pages to also use render = false in fontmatter? Would this be a simple addition?

I have a Q&A section on my website that I’d like to load from a bunch of Markdown files, and Zola doesn’t offer a clean way to do it. What a pity.

Hi @keats !
I may have a PR ready for a front matter render flag as described by @edward to prevent generating folder with a html file for a specific page. Would that feature have a prospect of being merged?

1 Like

You can do the PR and I can have a look

Just adding to the chorus - I could really use this feature also, or (better yet) a section frontmatter key applying render = false to all section pages, for this use.