Hello Zola Contributors & Community,
I’m XAMPPRocky, one of the maintainers of the Rust Lang website, and I want to migrate from the current custom rocket based server app, to being statically generated with Zola. Zola is robust and is quite feature rich for generating static websites. However there are some features that Zola doesn’t currently have that we would need. I would be willing to dedicate the time to add these features and go through code review, but I wanted to know if these would be features that people would be open to having these features.
- Rust uses fluent for localisation, which we use with Pontoon for organising and managing translation teams, and anything we move to would need to support that. I know Zola already has a different localisation system, so I would want people’s thoughts on adding another one.
- Plugin-style functionality
- We have a lot of integrations into Rust’s human and machine infrastructure that require custom logic for generating information for certain pages. This functionality doesn’t make sense to include in Zola itself, it would be nice to be able to extend Zola’s functionality with scripts or crates. Something similar to what mdbook provides would be ideal, though I don’t how feasible that is.
- Adding this could also solve the first problem without including Fluent in Zola.
Nice To Have
- Multiple RSS feed Support
- This could already be implemented, but it was hard to tell from the documentation. Currently Rust’s blog is separate codebase, it would be nice if I could merge it into the website with Zola, but the blog currently runs two blogs. The main Rust blog, for announcements and news for users of Rust, and the Inside Rust blog for contributors of Rust. These are two separate RSS feeds because you might not want to subscribe to one or the other.