Additional metadata for colocated assets

Apologies if this has been requested before.

There are certain situations where it would be useful to be able to associate metadata with a page’s colocated assets (most notably in populating the alt tag for images).

Grabbing this as metadata from the individual files would likely be quite complex as the number of possible file types is large, but would an extension to the pages frontmatter be possible? Where the values defined in the frontmatter are then associated with the file.

Something like the below?

[assets]
“ball.jpg” = { name = “Ball”, description = “A red ball”, photographer = “John Smith” }
“duck.png” = { name = “Duck”, description = “A white duck”, photographer = “Joan Smith” }

You can add that in the [extra] section already

Oh fantastic, I must have missed that in the documentation. What’s the format for adding it in?
Thanks for making such a brilliant static site generator, this has been by far the most pleasant website build I’ve done.

EDIT: Nevermind. I’ve actually started using my brain and am currently trying to implement a solution. Thank you for the nudge in the right direction. I’m now beginning to realize just how useful [extra] is.