[SOLVED] Tera encoding URL from variable

I’m trying to make a shortcode for a leaflet map with a GPX file displayed. I’m calling it like
{{ leaflet(id="map", gpx="/path/to/gpx") }}.

In the shortcode, the variable gpx is referenced like this:
var gpx = "{{gpx}}";

However, when the website compiles it shows up in public HTML as:
/path/to/gpx

I assume this is because Tera is URL Encoding the variable, but I don’t know why it would be doing that and I would like to know how to stop it from doing that.

Thanks!

Tera escapes everything, it doesn’t know that is it a URL. There is https://github.com/Keats/tera/issues/368 to have a URL specific escaping scheme but not implemented yet.

You can do var gpx = "{{gpx | safe}}"; in the meantime if you don’t let a user specify a URL.

Yeah, it’s me linking to my own files on my own server. Thanks for the tip. Additionally, I would love to know how to debug my mess of Javascript code for my map shortcode. I’m having issues when I try to insert more than one map per page. I’ll post a gist with the errors I’m getting and the code I’m using.

Try to console.log(e.target.getBounds()), it’s probably not valid latlng bounds - eg could be undefined

It’s just an empty bounds object. I’m going to give a different library a try.

I tried a different library and it worked fine. Thanks for giving my code a look.